Author Topic: Batteries during storage  (Read 203 times)

MK1 GIT

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
Batteries during storage
« on: 21 January, 2019, 08:55:37 PM »
Anyone any ideas or experience of keeping batteries good while scooter isn’t been used? I.e I’ve just bought scooter and am going to reuse the batteries in my build but scooter is going to sit for many months while I am at work. Should I buy a little battery monitor/conditioner or a trickle charger? Solar powered trickle charger like I’ve seen used for cars that are left standing? Can I just leave it on the charger and I can use a controllable plug socket so it charges once a week for a few hours or so?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

dad needs a hobby

• View Profile
Re: Batteries during storage
« Reply #1 on: 22 January, 2019, 07:12:10 AM »
No need just leave them not plugged in like they would have been at the shop.
If i can do it anyone can.

MK1 GIT

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 January, 2019, 09:53:24 AM »
Ok great thanks.

5inchrail

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 March, 2019, 05:57:18 PM »
One word of warning if you take the batteries out don't leave them on a concrete floor. For some reason this ruins them. They just don't like sitting on concrete.
Regards
Barry

KeithDB

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 May, 2019, 12:32:33 PM »
I have had the Toylander since January 2017, it is used by my grandchildren whenever they visit, when not in use it is left charging on the Accumate Pro and works a dream. It is a twin motor with 2 Gel Batteries (24v) as supplied by Toylander. I accidentally forgot to leave them on charge after using it over last Easter,now the ammeter is reading in the red and the charger no longer kicks into action. Is this because the batteries are both completely drained that the charger fails to work? Has anyone experienced this please?
Thanks, Keith

Just_Tim

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 May, 2019, 08:41:18 PM »
Hi - yes I have the same set up of toylander parts and charger and have had the same problem.
If the battery is totally flat the (smart) charger does not work. I have found I need to use a very basic 12v charger for a few hours to put some charge in each battery. Once they have some charge in them the Accumate pro will work properly and charge up as normal.