Author Topic: Rear hub exstensions  (Read 171 times)

Daza1234

• View Profile
Rear hub exstensions
« on: 20 January, 2019, 08:18:23 AM »
Hi is there any decent engineers on here good with lathes or know who could point me in the right direction I need 2 rear hub spacers made up for a scooter transaxel I did have something sorted out with a local engineer but I think he has brushed me off and doesn't want the work I've got pictures and sizes of the part I need made thanks kind regards Darren

TBirdUK

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rear hub exstensions
« Reply #1 on: 12 March, 2019, 06:24:37 PM »
I am interested too if you want to make it more worthwhile for an engineer - could you post your pictures so I can see if they would work for me too?

dad needs a hobby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 March, 2019, 08:58:33 AM »
Hi Darren
When you went to see these engineers did you take a wheel with the bearing removed, the transaxle and a picture from here of one of my adaptors?

Simply explaining it to them would probably have put them off, but if you had it in front of them they would then realise machining wise its not a hard thing to do.

i know of one chap who attaches his rear wheels to the scooter transaxle a completely different way. He dismantles the scooter wheel then bolts the sleeve part of it onto the toy lander wheel.

Iv never tried this method so cannot reccomend it but he assures me it works

Peter

TBirdUK

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 April, 2019, 06:41:21 PM »
have a look in my thread - used the tips from Peter.

http://toylanderownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=1831.0

Hope that helps - you can make the adapters a little longer if you need to push the wheels out a bit, I didnt need too more that about 1cm each side.