Author Topic: Wig wag to accelerator  (Read 321 times)

Richwright39

• View Profile
Wig wag to accelerator
« on: 05 January, 2019, 07:05:10 PM »
Hi sorry if this has been discussed before,I have built a defender using a shoprider Cadiz,works perfect using wig wag on floor,but when I try using an ebike accelerator there’s nothing,tried the accelorator with its own controller and works perfect.has anyone solved this and added a Rev polarity switch.
Many thanks Richard

Ant-G

• View Profile
Re: Wig wag to accelerator
« Reply #1 on: 05 January, 2019, 10:49:45 PM »
Hi
Have you measured and compared the resistance of the wig-wag to the ebike throttle? It may be that they work in different ranges.
The link below is to our build there we shows the wiring for a reverse switch- might be of use:
http://toylanderownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=790.msg6242#msg6242

Anthony

59joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 January, 2019, 05:37:32 PM »
Hi Richard,
Some scooters have a safety built into them that stops them working if there is a broken wire or a fault with the wigwag pot. Mine was a Rascal voyager and when I tested it it shows 2 volts in the neutral position. If this is not found it goes into a fault mode and the green power led starts to flash.
This makes it harder to fit a reversing switch but not impossible. You can modify your existing wigwag by cutting off one side and use a double pole double throw toggle switch for forward and reverse.
In effect this uses one side of the wigwag pot for both forward and reverse just sending the signal to forward and reverse via the switch. I've even mounted my switch into a gearstick. If you need more help let me know.
59joe
59joe
If you make something idiot proof someone will invent a better idiot!😋

dad needs a hobby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 January, 2019, 07:04:43 AM »
Hi Richard
Have you see how i use the wig wag as a pedal. Push down for forward, lift for reverse. Iv done that on 13 out of 14 of my build and it works great.

On my 1st build I still used the wig wag with a pedal over it and  used a DPDT for reverse but I found passengers flicked the with whilst the toylander was in forward motion scaring the life out of the driver

Peter
If i can do it anyone can.