Author Topic: Alternative sprockets UK any ideas  (Read 54 times)

wander1er

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
Alternative sprockets UK any ideas
« on: 02 January, 2019, 04:59:17 PM »
Hi I'm. Looking at using a shoprider axle and I'm not motorbike minded so chains and sprockets are not something I understand.
Toylander spares do not Seem to sell the wheel sprocket kit. Only the motor sprocket
Anyone have any pointers or do I just search bore size and tooth, my son has access to a lathe so can machine if need be.
Kind regards jason
« Last Edit: 02 January, 2019, 05:30:20 PM by wander1er »

Kirkby Kustoms

• View Profile
Re: Alternative sprockets UK any ideas
« Reply #1 on: 03 January, 2019, 10:09:17 AM »
Hi Jason, if your using the shop rider axle why bother with chains and sprockets ? Just use the axle with the Toylander wheels attached to it ? Are you not using Toylander wheels ? As it has the sprocket already welded onto it ?   
Regards Daz

wander1er

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative sprockets UK any ideas
« Reply #2 on: 04 January, 2019, 10:48:23 PM »
Hi daz,
Because fixing the wheels directly to the scooter axle will give the tl hardly any torque as will be powering 16" wheels rather than 6" scooter wheels.
The other reason I was thinking of alternative gears was to allow a greater speed like 6mph as we have a green land outside our house just for more fun.
But having read up on wheel Barrow wheels and welding the sprockets to the wheels. It sounded like a disaster waiting to happen so I think I will speak to toylander and buy the correct wheels and sprockets directly atleast I know they'll be fitted straight.
Unless anyone has found a cheaper alternative like trailer wheels then I suppose the time to machine and weld new sprockets is it going to be worth it?