Author Topic: Indicators  (Read 125 times)

Daza1234

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
Indicators
« on: 24 November, 2018, 07:46:31 PM »
Hi I've bought some 12v led button marker lamps for front and rear indicators I'm using a 6 poll dpdt switch 2 pin adjustable led relay and I can't get them to flash only stay on constantly the switch works as it switches lights from left to right just won't flash any help or diagrams much appreciated thanks

5inchrail

• View Profile
Re: Indicators
« Reply #1 on: 25 November, 2018, 10:38:04 AM »
You can buy 12v flasher or indicator relays on ebay.
Barry

jr2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 November, 2018, 01:20:57 PM »
I've always bought the RLT indicators, they look right and don't need any extra components to work.

dad needs a hobby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 November, 2018, 07:13:53 AM »
Hi Daza
Many people have used alternative indicator and taillights but to be honest iv never seen any that looks as good as the genuine Toylander ones.

My advice (for what its worth)..... get you hand in your pocket and shell out for a genuine Toylander Light Kit.

jr2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 November, 2018, 11:01:59 AM »
I'd second that

Daza1234

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 November, 2018, 01:58:44 PM »
After much looking on the net and finding nothing really suitable Iam indeed going to buy genuine toylander ones how easy would they be to wire up through scooter controller also can I just just use standard bulbs as opposed to led as my scooter controller doesn't like them they flicker and go out thanks

Ant-G

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 November, 2018, 03:32:30 PM »
Our scooter ran the lighting at 24v
We fitted a 24-12v converter in the scooter circuit and ran a full set of toylander lighting from that.
Our indicators were switched through an old ford indicator stick mechanism mounted on the steering column.

dad needs a hobby

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 November, 2018, 03:34:56 PM »
Hi Daza
Why bother, I steer clear of messing too much with the scooters harness.

Iv found the simplest and easiest way is to wire the Headlights, indicators and horn onto a separate 12 volt system. just branch off from one of the batteries to some chocolate box connectors
attached to the inside of the inner wing.

Take the live feed from it to behind the dash panel attach it to the horn button then ring main it off onto the indicator switch then ring main it from that switch to the headlight switch.

the only real advantage (if it it is one) by wiring it into the scooter is that nothing will work if the key is off. At the end of the day that doesnt really matter.

KISS..... Keep. It. Super. Simple.