Author Topic: My build No 14  (Read 136 times)

dad needs a hobby

• View Profile
My build No 14
« on: 16 November, 2018, 12:01:56 PM »
Hi Chaps
Not really planning on making a start till January on what will be a Marine Blue one with limestone wheels and stripes like my red no 12 build.

Dont have anything special planned so its just going to be one of the same.

Iv already bought the scooter. As you know I always use these Shoprider Sovereigns although the price of decent used once seem to be going up a bit.

This one cost me £150 (the most ill ever pay) but the fact it comes with brand new batteries and was only an hour away makes it a decent buy.

I usually put brand new batteries on all my builds at a cost of £88.00 so the fact I wont have to on this one means iv got the scooter for £62!

If im not being lazy I can usually get about £20 - £30 back selling some of the parts I take off on eBay. Half the time tho I can never be bothered and landfill the bits I dont use.

as always here is a pic

« Last Edit: 16 November, 2018, 12:04:42 PM by dad needs a hobby »

dad needs a hobby

• View Profile
Re: My build No 14
« Reply #1 on: 06 December, 2018, 11:56:30 AM »
Hi Chaps
Still not really starting until January as I am helping my mate do some work on his 1930 singer junior but I have sneaked in the workshop for an hour here and there and started cutting out some panels

Probably about half way through. I like to start with the most complex panels first.

I always lay them flat after Iv cut them as Iv found standing them up for any length of time causes them to warp.

« Last Edit: 06 December, 2018, 04:50:39 PM by dad needs a hobby »