Author Topic: Anyone doing one  (Read 562 times)

sutty

• View Profile
Anyone doing one
« on: 09 October, 2018, 11:30:14 AM »
Is anyone building  a toylander Jeep ?

troutcatcher

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone doing one
« Reply #1 on: 11 October, 2018, 06:38:52 AM »
I have made a start , but as I am building mine on a chassis with leaf springs, I have yet to start the body. I have been making all the metal bits and front axle and king pins first. Also I am using a Shoprider for power.

sutty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 October, 2018, 11:27:30 AM »
If it's the same scale as the TL I have some nomenclature plates for the glove box, I can't remember how to post pix now but there's a pic of them on  my build, page 5 post 66. let me know.

Best regards   Mick

cjadixon

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 January, 2019, 08:53:47 PM »
Yes
The build is taking a long time because I'm so busy and I'm not very practical.  But it's a learning curve. Mine might be the first Toylander in the Northern Territory of Australia
Chris

59joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 January, 2019, 08:27:19 PM »
Hi I'm building a tl3 Willy's jeep in the UK. I've finished the body and made the front axle. The rear axle is a mobility scooter transaxle. I've made my own forward reverse gearstick that operates a double pole double throw switch so I can use the one side of the wigwag for the throttle. Just mounted the batteries today and hope to start wiring it tomorrow. Then just the fixings on the bonnet and windshield, a final sand and then painting.
Has anyone else found that the measurements for the top of the front fenders come out short? It seems that it was measured to the short side of the angle not the long side. Not an issue as there is leftover from 2 sheets of mdf but still had to recut them. Toylander do a great set of plans.
My dash and instrument panel is different as I'm using the mobility scooter switches key and amp gauge. I've also fit turn signals front and back.
59joe
If you make something idiot proof someone will invent a better idiot!😋

sutty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 January, 2019, 10:11:13 PM »
Sounds good Joe, if you want a set of nomenclature plates to put on your glove box cover pm me

Best regards.  Mick

jr2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 January, 2019, 01:12:04 PM »
How about posting some pictures guys? It helps keep the forum interesting and helps new builders.

59joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 February, 2019, 07:52:01 PM »
Hi jr2
Just learned how to post pictures today thanks to dad needs a hobby's post. (See TL3 gearstick pictures.) I will post some more build pictures when I can.
59joe
« Last Edit: 01 February, 2019, 07:54:15 PM by 59joe »
59joe
If you make something idiot proof someone will invent a better idiot!😋