Author Topic: BS colour code?  (Read 663 times)

boatless

• View Profile
BS colour code?
« on: 20 March, 2018, 06:49:46 PM »
Now at the painting stage on the MF135. can anyone give me the BS code for the red colour used on the tractor? I know it is red, and can be ordinary house paint, however I am able to get it mixed to the correct shade.  The Toylander site has no info.

S1G

• View Profile
Re: BS colour code?
« Reply #1 on: 20 March, 2018, 08:50:55 PM »
I'd google Vapormatic. Theres a lot of firms selling this companies ready mixed agricultural paints, and im sure from memory that they do Massey Ferguson Red. Very nice paint to use aswell. Can be brushed or sprayed.

5inchrail

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 March, 2018, 04:21:41 AM »
Hi Sig

What is Vapormatic like for brush painting?
Does it show the brush lines or is it, what I call, self flating or leveling ?

Thanks

S1G

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 March, 2018, 05:48:58 PM »
I always spray it but it says you can brush with it. When brushing invest in some expensive paint brushes and really see your finish improve. It's enamel paint so will need leaving for a few weeks before flat ting off.

boatless

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 June, 2018, 07:20:20 PM »
I managed to acquire a small tin of Massey Ferguson Super red.. the genuine article . I sprayed it ,flatting between coats and it looks like the real McCoy.

boatless

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 July, 2018, 07:45:27 PM »
And now the tractor is finished, complete with sound effects!   The motors I used are so powerful that the tractor will easily pull my van!
I hope that the boys can put it to good use. I have built a trailer as well, so the entire combo is going on the 0815 ferry from Portsmouth to Caen this coming Sunday.
    I would post a few photos, however Postimage has gone AWOL. and I haven't managed to fix up another posting thingie.

Will try when I get organised.

I have 4 motors left over,so I feel another project coming on.

paulr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 July, 2018, 04:44:16 PM »
Congratulations on finishing the build.  Which sound unit did you use.?
Regards PaulR
Mad on miniatures steam and now toylanders

boatless

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 July, 2018, 08:27:59 PM »
Hi Paul, the Alan Bond unit. with a sliding potentiometer coupled to the accelerator pedal. Great sound.
It requires a maximum 6 volt auxiliary supply to run the electronics, I use a small battery pack from Technobots which has 4 aa cells,this avoids having to use a step down from one of the 12 volt main batteries.
 Get all the info on forge electronics website.   Alan is very helpful.

« Last Edit: 03 July, 2018, 08:37:02 PM by boatless »

paulr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 July, 2018, 06:32:06 PM »
Thanks for that information. Will look into fitting it to my MF135 which is the one the build book drawings was based on. Good to hear people are enjoying the build.  I completed mine some 7 years ago and its in regular use although showing battle marks in the paintwork which she who paints needs to redo.  Sometime.

Regards Paul R
Mad on miniatures steam and now toylanders