Author Topic: Mayfair Reborn  (Read 1353 times)

james_stott

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
Mayfair Reborn
« on: 23 October, 2016, 08:07:36 PM »
Hello,

I have just had a scan through the whole forum having just joined. It seems the mayfair isn't the most popular :o

Anyway, the main chassis is in great condition apart from the paint finish, which isn't an issue as it is having a colour change anyway. My main issue is the electrics.

It came with a 12v motor fitted to the rear right wheel via a chain. The motor has 3 large terminals and one very small lead coming from inside the casing. Two of the large terminals are a flathead screw which is the length of the motor, and the other is a stud with a 10mm nut on it. No idea which terminal is which or does what, also next to the seat on the left hand side, is a 3 position toggle switch which has nothing on the back. So I have no idea what its purpose in life is?! And that's it. No battery clamps, nothing at all on the dash - other than faded paint.

Is there anyone out there that could give me a heads up with the electrical aspects? I'm thinking of some sort of relay from a foot switch, to kick in the main motor feed, and have it all or nothing. I know it is a bit rough and ready, but as it's the first venture, want to keep it simple and easy to fix  ;D

Regards

James

dad needs a hobby

• View Profile
Re: Mayfair Reborn
« Reply #1 on: 24 October, 2016, 07:00:40 AM »
Hi James, you might be best posting some pictures

Peter